Saku Otonomiya (音之宮 朔 Otonomiya Saku) is the main protagonist in the ACTORS -Songs Connection- anime. He is a 1st year in class B who is currently not in part of any club. However, he is the main vocalist of a unit called Sakutasuke together with Sosuke Kagura and Uta Outa.
Appearance EditSaku has ear-length dark purple hair that has a single hair strand sticking up on the right side with bangs hanging over his face and purple eyes.
He wears a dark blue uniform that is buttoned in the middle with a red tie and a white undershirt, along with brown pants having a checkered pattern and gray laceless shoes.
Saku is a talented singer yet possesses poor social skills who is usually expressionless and he tends to avoid interaction with other people, but he is expressive when singing. But has been getting better with expressing his feelings to his friends.
Saku moved to Tensho Gakuen after a mysterious incident.
Saku is aware of the white shadows that exist in the world. He wakes up for school and heads there with Hinata Mitsutsuka and he introduces himself to the class before he is told to sit next to Kai Akizuki.
During break he eats by himself on the rooftop before being found by Sosuke Kagura. After school, he visits Nozomi Otonomiya (Saku's older sister) before heading to work. During this time, he remembers what she told him about the white shadows and how they are able to heal others.
Before the river bank, Saku has his headphones and sings a "near perfect" rendition of Cloudy Day.
Working at a curry house, Saku receives an offer from Sosuke Kagura and Uta Outa to sing a song they offer to create for him. Sosuke and Mike Enjoji are also present in the restaurant and the former challenges him to a curry contest.
Arriving at the mini bus with members of the archaeology club, Saku meets Chiguma Marume. At the beach, Sosuke takes him to prepare the curries as he tends to his at a barbecue area. concentrating on the wall, Saku accidentally spills his curry. Uta has come prepared having acquired a large amount of the volcano prepared curry from the restaurant.
He tries and enjoys Sosuke's curry, yet spotting something near the white wall causes Saku to retrieve a dingy and make his way to what he saw. Finding multiple white ghost like beings, Saku calls for them to save his sister.
Saku wakes up on the beach having fallen unconscious. He hears from Washiho Usuki he jumped in the water. Spending the night with the others in a tent on the beach, Saku awakes after a white shadow appears outside.
Walking to school with Hinata, Saku greets some students he is familiar with. Working another job at a cafe he prepares honey toast for Hinata, Uta, Satsuma and Sosuke when they visit him. Walking home, Saku says he would not mind helping them. He then notices a white shadow nearby and attempts to talk to it. A cat he comes across follows him home.
Discussing forming a band with Sosuke and Uta, he shares his experiences at school with his sister in hospital. Arriving home to the cat he is looking after, Saku finds something notable in a book. At school he declines joining both the singing club and starting up the band.
He sees news of the sudden appearance on stones. After visiting Nozomi, he finds Sosuke outside and feels she may never be discharged from hospital.
Along with Sosuke, they visit 'Uta-land', his apartment where there have been appearances of the white shadows. They use leads on the internet to search for them before Saku has to leave for work.
As he tends to the curry he speaks with Mike and Kai.
Nozomi is Saku's older sister who he visits at time.
Hinata, Saku's childhood friend who is the only one who knows about the circumstances behind his move to Tensho Gakuen.
Sosuke Kagura is one of Saku's new classmates, it is Sosuke who overhears Saku singing and proceeds with writing a song with him in mind for Saku to sing.
Uta, Sosuke's good friend and fellow musical partner, who Saku first meets atop the school roof.
Kai is a member of the Archaeology Club and also a classmate of Saku who was appointed to look after him during his first day in Tensho Gakuen. He also challenged Saku into a 'curry' contest and went to a school field trip with him.
They travel to the beach together as part of the archeology group.
Keishi is Saku's cat, also the person who told him about what was happening to the world Saku lives in.
Washiho is a teacher at Saku's school
Image Gallery Edit
For further images, view: Saku Otonomiya Image Gallery
- "I'm Otonomiya. Nice to meet you." (To his classmates)
- "Why did I just take it?" (To self)
- "I thought I'd try making my sister's curry." (To Kai Akizuki)
- "Nozomi, everyone loves it!" (To self)
- "Please! Save my sister!" (To the White Shadows)
- "You're not a stray. Your owner must be looking for you." (To a white cat)
- "It's nice to have someone to come home to." (To a white cat)
- "I really like your song!" (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "Is that even going to work?" (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "I can't really smile...And I have a hard time moving my voice." (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "Then why don't you both prove that you're right?" (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "This is, without a doubt, a song that you two created." (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "And I'm singing these songs with your thoughts in mind." (To Sosuke and Uta)
- "I'm really happy that I came here." (To Sosuke)
- "But the only reason I'm able to sing them at all is because I came to the Tensho School. Because I met the two of you here. And it's not just you two. All of the people I've met at this school... You all helped me come this far. I can't really put it into words, but I want to thank you all." (To Sosuke, Uta, Hinata, Mitsuki, and Rei)
- "You just need to worry about getting better right now!" (To Nozomi)
- "Your life belongs to you!" (To Nozomi)