Satsuma Kadonooji (葛野大路 颯馬 Kadonoōji Satsuma) is a 2nd year in class C and Singing Club's treasurer who is in charge of brain labor in the singing club. Surprisingly, most of the calories taken by the big eater seem to be consumed by the brain.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Satsuma has short metallic blue hair and pale green eyes.
He wears circular rimmed glasses with a dark blue uniform with a green tie with a white undershirt, along with green pants and sturdy brown, laceless shoes.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Satsuma is the brains of his club, cool, quiet and intelligent, but he is not afraid of getting his emotions across, especially if you are a certain sempai. He likes to think he is the only sane person in his club, but he is not that much better than his club member. He is pragmatic in his methods to encourage Saku Otonomiya to join the singing club.
Story Introduction[edit | edit source]
Disagreeing with Ryo Saotome, Satsuma believes they need to be more aggressive in their endeavors to have more people join to music club. Along with Hinata Mitsutsuka, Uta Outa and Sosuke Kagura, he meets Saku Otonomiya having been the one to want to see him. Satsuma tries various methods of persuading Saku to join.
Satsuma is not too keen of taking part in Ryo Saotome's plan of wearing cat ears.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Part of the same music club where they bicker sometimes.
He listens to what Hinata said about Saku Otonomiya's voice when deciding whether he attempt to get Saku to join the singing club.
Satsuma tells his fellow music club member that he can count on him as he attempts to encourage others to join the music club.
Hearing about him on account of his voice, Satsuma heads to the restaurant where Saku works to introduce himself. He adjusts his forceful approach to simply listing the benefits of club points they can gain if they win the winging competition, otherwise he works well with Saku.
Likes and Interests[edit | edit source]
- Things to learn
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I like the lyrics and arrangement, and the melody is beautiful..." (To Hinata Mitsutsuka)
- "Jeez" is an interrogation often used to express a feeling of disgust or disappointment." (To Ryo Saotome)
- "Time is bright. Time is precious." (To Saku Otonomiya)
- "If you join the Singing Club, I can guarantee you an unforgettable, wonderful experience." (To Saku)
- "The Singing Club needs you." (To Saku)
- "I'm sure you have no bright ideas." (To Ryo)
- "Those two would make an excellent addition to the Singing Club since they can write and compose songs." (To Ryo)
- "Now that we have heard your wonderful voice in person, we're not going to be able to hold back any more." (To Saku)
- "Trying to distance yourself from others doesn't benefit anyone." (To Ryo)
- "You already look mean enough as it is. Try-sounding nicer" (To Ryo)
- "The cat...just talked?" (To self)
- "I have heard some of your conversation!" (To Ryo and Konishi)
- "Are you legally allowed to do this?" (To the guards)
Etymology[edit | edit source]
- The name Satsuma means "sudden, quick, sound of the wind" (颯) (satsu) and "horse" (馬) (ma).
- Satsuma's surname Kadonooji means "arrowroot" (葛) (kado), "field, wilderness" (野) (no), "big, great" (大) (o) and "road" (路) (ji).