Ushio Azabu (麻布 汐 Azabu Ushio) is a 3rd year in class A, the president of the Japanese Culture Research Club and a member of the Kendo Club.
Ushio has chin-length purple hair reaching his chin line that has a fringe where it is relatively even across, but it is not trimmed straight across above his purple eyes and he has a black mole near his left eye.
Ushio wears a dark blue uniform with a blue tie and a white undershirt, along with dark gray pants having a checkered pattern and brown shoes.
As the president of the Japanese Culture Research club, Ushio has a lot of appreciation towards traditional Japanese culture, even scolding Kaoru Narugo for eating western sweets instead of Japanese ones. He does his best to be a reliable and respected senior, but he is often enraged by Kaoru and Minori Shido's antics.
While he is a rather serious person, he is honest with his feelings and quick to show them. For instance, he cried when his club members bumped into his Morning Glories.
He is unable to use any sort of technology, often breaking it due to a mix of frustration and being unaware on how use it properly.
Kaoru and Ushio get into arguments quite a bit, surrounding Kaoru's sweet tooth and Ushio's obsession with only consuming Japanese things. These arguments come from a good place with both of them thinking their ideals will benefit one another.
Minori gladly talks about his perverted interests in front of Ushio, much to his dismay. He enjoys poking fun at his club president.
Tamotsu greatly admires Ushio as a senpai and is extremely dedicated to him to the point of fawning over the pictures he has of him and showing his friends. He has an exaggerated view of him and is oblivious to what Ushio actually acts like.
Ushio supports Tamotsu's endeavors of becoming manlier and tries to give him advice, which he eagerly follows.
Tamotsu has also begged Ushio to let him join the Japanese Culture Research Club, which Ushio refuses since he does not want Tamotsu to be near the rest of his clubmates.
Likes and Interests
- Favorite food: Vegetarian food
- What I like: A Tour of the Famous Sites
- What I'm not good at: Electronic equipment in general
- "The friendship between men has always been a passionate legacy in Japan. And you are doing everything you can to conserve this legacy... You are truly the epitome of a Japanese gentleman!" (To Saku Otonomiya)
- "Kaoru, you should learn from him!" (To Kaoru Narugo)
- "Stop using these foreign words that are hard to understand." (To Kaoru)
- "You dare deceive me!" (To Kaoru)
- "Nay, I do not see the Japanese sunrise beyond those horizons!" (To Kaoru)
- "Are you betraying us or committing treason?" (To the guards)
- "Quit complaining and start climbing!" (To Koya Ashihara)
- The name Ushio means "eventide, tide, salt water, opportunity" (汐).
- Ushio's surname Azabu means "linen, hemp, cloth" (麻布).